I offer the following services:
- U.S. federal income tax return preparation – U.S. citizens and green card holders are required to file a federal income tax return annually regardless of their country of residence and the source of their income.
- State income tax return preparation – You are generally required to file a state return as a resident of a particular state. I can help you determine your residency status.
- Foreign bank account reporting (FBAR) compliance – As a U.S. citizen with a bank account in a foreign country (including signatory rights alone) with a balance at any point during the year of $10,000 or more, you are required to report this balance annually to the U.S. Treasury Department by electronically filing Form 114 with the IRS by June 15th. Failure to report an account meeting these criteria can result in significant penalties.
- FATCA (Form 8938) compliance – Details of holdings in Foreign Financial Assets are required to be reported by U.S. citizens and green card holders as part of their tax return. I can help you determine which sorts of assets are required to be reported.
- Form 5471 – Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect To Certain Foreign Corporations – Information with respect to foreign corporations in which certain U.S. persons own more than 10% is required to be reported. Failure to file Form 5471 can lead to a $10,000 penalty. I can advise you on your filing requirements.
- Form 8865 – Information Return of U.S. Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships – Information with respect to foreign partnerships in which certain U.S. persons own more than 10% is required to be reported. Failure to file Form 8865 can lead to a $10,000 penalty. I can advise you on your filing requirements.
- Nonresident alien federal income tax return preparation – An obligation to file a U.S. tax return may exist for nonresident aliens. If you still have a valid Green Card you have an obligation to file even if you are no longer living in the US. I can assist you in determining whether you have a U.S. tax filing obligation.
- Delinquent taxpayer package – If you did not file prior year returns the IRS is currently offering delinquent taxpayers living overseas several offshore voluntary disclosure programs where no penalties are assessed or which can be significantly reduced. For “low risk” taxpayers, the IRS offers a simple process known as Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures where a taxpayer may rectify past non-compliance by filing 6 years of FBARs and 3 years of income tax returns.